Each Junior and Senior manager must appoint a ground official for each home game.
It is the responsibility of each Junior or senior team of the home club to provide at least one ground official, per field, who must be in clearly identifiable uniform and must identify themselves to the appointed match official at least 15 minutes prior to the match.
Ground officials are to be visible at all times and must be designated to provide an escort to all match officials before kick-off, at half time and full time. A ground official cannot be the coach or manager whose game is in progress on the park, nor can the ground official be the canteen supervisor.
Before the Match
- Put on the Ground Official vest located on the hook in the Referees Room
- Check the referees room and make sure it is clean and comfortable
- Upon arrival of the referees, make known to them that you are the ground official in case they need assistance
- If an official referee is not present, ensure that a referee is arranged either by the club or by consent of the two teams playing
- Ensure that 3 appropriate match balls are available for referee (these should already be in the referees room)
- Escort the Referee and Assistant Referees to the field of play
During the Match
- Ensure that the spectators behaviour is orderly and is not abusive to the referee or his assistants, players or other spectators
- Ensure that the no-smoking rule is observed
- Direct and assist any ambulance if called to attend a player or any other person
- Escort the Referee and Assistant Referees to and from the field of play at the half-time break
- Be of assistance wherever possible
After the Match
- Ensure the referees safety at all times
- Ensure that both teams leave the grounds in a proper and orderly manner
Escort the Referee and Assistant Referees from the field of play