Samford Rangers Famous 6-a-Side
We run four 6-a-side competitions a year, that coincide with the school terms, for players from U16 up. Teams play a couple of games a week on Wednesday nights.
Its great way to have some fun with friends and keep the fitness up. This is especially so in the off season and our Spring Competition is the biggest with both Mixed and Mens competitions.
Summer, Autumn and Winter competitions are for Mixed Teams.
So if you can’t commit to playing full field and still want to play outdoors soccer, get a team together for our next season.
Laws of Samford 6-a-side Football – A summary
Please note that there have been some minor adjustments to the rules:
- Semi-circular penalty area, outfield players not allowed in, goalkeeper not allowed out
- 6v6 including goal keeper with unlimited interchange
- Goalkeeper not allowed to kick or drop kick the ball from their hands – ball can be thrown over half way line
- 2×12 minute halves, 1 minute halftime
- Ball crossing the touch line can be thrown in or kicked in
- No offside
- No slide tackles
- Red Card = 5 minute sin bin
- If a penalty is awarded, the penalty will be taken from your own goal circle with no goalkeepers
- All mixed teams must have 2 Women on the field at all times
- All male players in mixed have a 3 goal limit per game
This is a social sport competition; excessively competitive and aggressive behaviour is not appropriate and WILL NOT be tolerated and a yellow card can be shown and an indirect free kick or red card shown with a 5 minute ‘time-out’ and a penalty kick awarded.
The referee’s decision is final, please respect all decisions made. Back chatting and abusing referees will not be tolerated and a yellow card can be shown and an indirect free kick or red card shown with a 5 minute “time-out” and a penalty kick awarded.
Full rules can be downloaded HERE
For more information, please contact our Vice-President Seniors. Details of registration and membership fees can be found HERE.