What you get by registering
- In 2018, ALL players will be provided with a full training kit (Shirt, Shorts and Socks). Female players will receive a female cut shirt and unisex shorts.
- Registration with Football Brisbane, Football QLD & Football Federation of Australia
- Basic Player Insurance cover for all players (including Over 35/45 players)
- New Miniroos Players in 2018 will receive a Playing Jersey to use and keep
- Facilities including the use of floodlights for training or night games and maintenance of club grounds, pump, line marking machine, nets, corner posts, whistles, linesman flags etc.
Purchasing of coaching/playing equipment (cones, bibs, portable goals, speed ladders, hurdles etc. )
- Membership to the Samford Rangers Football Club. If the registered player is under 18 years of age, then one (1) parent or guardian will receive membership. The parent or guardian who is nominated as the primary contact in the My Football registration system will receive the membership
- Senior & Junior Coaching Licences & Referee Courses
- Football Queensland -Team Coach Registration Fee
- Football Queensland – SSF Referee Registration Fee
- Maintenance of Club Facilities
- Club Administration
- Skills Development Coaching
- Coaches and Managers Polo Shirts
- End of season trophies & end of season Trophy Day
- Match and Referee fees included
- Public Liability Insurance
- Building and Contents Insurance
- Council Fees
- Upkeep of Computers, Printers and office supplies
- Maintenance of Equipment in Parklands and Harold Brown Park Canteens and Bars
- Clubhouse Electricity & Electricity for Field Lights – Samford parklands & Harold Brown Park Complex
Other Costs to Expect During the Season
It is quite common for other clubs to charge an additional weekly fee of $5 to $7 per player throughout the season. This can add over $100 per player to the cost of membership. At Samford Rangers FC we do not charge a weekly club fee or referee fees, i.e. no further Registration or Club Membership Fees are payable throughout the year.
Also, you can optionally purchase team photos at the end of the season for approximately $15.
“No Pay – No Play” Policy
All Registration Fees are due at Sign-On. The Club has a policy of “no pay – no play” in fairness to the overwhelming majority who pay on time. Please note that a player’s Registration papers will not be forwarded to Football Brisbane until his/her fees are fully paid (meaning the player cannot legally participate in any fixtures).
Should it prove difficult for a player or parent/guardian to pay the total fee amount at the sign-on time, then please speak to the registrar at that time for possible alternative payment arrangements?
New Players’ Requirement
All new players under the age of 18 must bring along proof of identity and age which includes one of the following – Birth Certificate, Extract of Birth, Passport, or Certificate of Australian Citizenship.
Request to Play with a Friend or Team
We understand that there are situations where players would like to be assigned to the same team as one or more of their friends.
A formal request can be submitted to the Club (please email our Director of Football) for your child to play with one or more of his/her friends. This opportunity is limited to players up to and including the Under 9 age group, as children older than this participate in the grading process to determine team allocation.
Wherever possible, players who played at the Club last season are automatically allocated to that same team for the new season. If you have strong views for your child not to play in the same team as last year, please email our Director of Football to request an assignment to another team if at all possible. Please note that due to team size restrictions and other logistical factors, it may not be possible to satisfy all requests (refer: SSF Team Equality Policy).
Our Sports Shop will be open during the Sign-On sessions for the purchase of player equipment. This year we have substantially increased the range of stock available in our Sports Shop.
Essential equipment required by each player will be on sale, including shorts, socks, shin pads and boots (jerseys are provided by the Club). The Sports Shop will also have on sale some non-essential items such as Club sports bags, Club polo shirts, etc. More Questions? For more information, please contact us.
New players and their families are most welcome to the Club.
This season is already shaping up to be an exciting one, and we look forward to seeing you down at the Club real soon!